Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Post-goal collapse

I've been sneaking in a few runs here and there, and the ankle is feeling better, but for the most part I've had a total exercise collapse since I completed the marathon. I've reverted to a beer drinking, calorie absorbing machine. I'm sure I've put on at least 5 pounds since the marathon ended. The good news is that I just read about a study involving identical twins that looked at the aging process and weight. What they found was that a little extra fat helped to hide wrinkles and that the bigger twin always looked younger. So at least I know I'll hit 4o looking a little younger than my 3% body fat brother. Should I really be bragging about this???

So now that I've seen 4:30am runs in the cold rain are very difficult to wake up and do when there is no goal attached to them, I guess I have to find a good goal that comes sooner rather than later. Does anyone know of an enticing half marathon, or similar distance, to do in or around June?

Fat guy signing out.

now get back to work...

No comments: